Loss Control Consultant
The Risk Consultant will develop and implement safety, regulatory and best practice risk reduction programs for our clients.
- Provide a high-level service to clients in the SW Florida Region
- Consult with clients to understand needs and objectives
- Develop custom solutions and advise clients on best practices in risk mitigation and safety management strategies
- Implement programs using generally accepted project management and consulting practices
- Conduct management and employee training sessions for clients as needed
- Conduct loss analysis & trending to identify client focus areas
- Perform audits/assessments at client sites followed by a written assessment and recommendations within a 72 hour period
- Develop/manage relationships with insurance carrier and vendor partners
- Provide oversight of insurance carrier activities on client’s behalf
- Provide support to the sales and service teams in the region
- Conduct Mock OSHA inspections and produce written report with CFR violated codes
- At least five (5) years’ experience as a safety/risk/loss control consultant in the insurance broker or carrier environments, or as a safety technician/manager in private industry.
- Experience in construction, marine, energy, agriculture, and/or manufacturing environments is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related discipline
- Completion of (or progression towards) professional designations is desirable
- Strong knowledge of federal OSHA, EPA, and/or DOT requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary
- Preferably Bilingual (Spanish)
- Computer literate
Lykes Insurance offers an excellent compensation package. If you are interested in a challenging career working within a group of dedicated professionals, please send a cover letter and resume to Greg Fraley