Employee Benefits Account Manager
We are seeking a high energy candidate with a great attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow professionally in their career. Responsibilities include managing a benefits book of business, interact with clients and handle the day to day service work. Will be responsible for ongoing communication for any Group Health Insurance / Employee Benefits questions. Will provide day-to-day support to an assigned group of clients, as part of an account team. Responsible for implementation of each client’s service plan and/or annual strategic plan.
Qualified candidate will have experience working medium size groups and 3 + years’ experience in an agency setting. Great working environment and benefits.
- Regularly communicate with clients on a variety of benefits issues and projects relating to the service plan and/or annual strategic plan.
- Troubleshoot any client issues; respond to client requests within 24 hours of receipt. Resolve issues and communicate accordingly.
- Assist Account Executives with marketing of accounts and spreadsheet analysis.
- Responsible to keep up with all legislative issues related to employee benefits.
- Work with clients to determine content for client communication campaign materials.
- Handle various administrative tasks associated with client service including entering adds and terms in carrier portals as required.
- Assist with preparation of stewardship and financial reports for clients as needed.
- Prepare annual benchmark reports as needed.
- Follow up with AE or Producer regarding account status/changes on a regular basis.
- Develop strong relationships with carrier/vendor partners.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings/presentations for clients as required
- Regularly enter pertinent client information into the Agency Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma and three years of progressive experience in the field of employee benefits account management.
- A current benefits license for the state of Florida.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through required.
- Presentation skills to audiences of all sizes required.
- Superior client service skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
Lykes Insurance offers an excellent compensation package. If you are interested in a challenging career working within a group of dedicated professionals, please send a cover letter and resume to Greg Fraley.